Thank you for visiting Reliable Home Inspections , online!
Performing over 600 Quality Inspections a year with the most advanced technology available
Buying a new home is probably the biggest investment you'll ever make. It's a decision that will affect you for years to come. The process can be extremely stressful and confusing. And of course, there is always considerable risk involved when making such a large purchase decision. A professional inspection will significantly reduce your risk by identifying material defects and help make the entire home buying process easier and less stressful. We really enjoy helping our clients in this process. Customer service is our highest priority!
The inspection is built on the guidelines of the SC Residential Builders Standards of Practise for Residential Home Inspectors and closely aligns with the Buyers Contract. We strongly encourage you to review the standards so you will understand what you are getting. The inspections are limited to that which is visible and accessible on the day of the inspection.
A typical inspection consists of an evaluation of the following components:
2. Heating and Cooling
Advanced Inspections services and testing include:
1. Air Quality - Mold Spore Trap Method - Lab Analysis
2. Radon Gas Detection - Continuous Monitoring Device
3. Well Water - Lab Analysis
4. Septic Dye Flow
5. Thermal Imaging Building Diagnostics - Using a infrared camera to locate Moisture sources or Leaks, Structural Deficiencies, Energy Loss such as missing insulation
6. In Ground Sprinkler Systems
We inspect homes within a 60 mile radius of Greenville County in cites such as: Anderson, Pickens, Easley, Clemson, Seneca, Walhalla, Belton, Honea Path, Greer, Taylors, Simpsonville, Fountain Inn, Gray Court, Woodruff, Pelzer, Reidville, Inman, Wellford, Duncan Spartanburg, Greenwood, Travelers Rest, Saluda-Marrietta.
The inspection process will last approximately 2 to 4 hours depending on the items listed below:
Size or square footage of the home
- The accessibility of the items to be inspected, such as in the attic and crawlspace.
- The condition of the home
- And most important, the number of distractions
In preparation for the inspection ensure the items listed are addressed on or before the inspection takes place:
- You or your Realtor call me to schedule the inspection as soon after the contract to buy is signed
- Ensure the contract between the buyer and Reliable Home Inspections is signed and fax to the number provided on the contract. This is for insurance purposes.
- Ensure access to property is available
- Ensure the power and utilities are on to include: electricity, water, gas and that the pilot lights are lite on the water heater, fireplace and furnace
- Secure all pets. The presence of strangers can cause your pets to behave abnormally.
- Ensure access is free and clear in attics and crawlspaces
- Provide the Inspector with a list of any particular concerns in advance
Please allow the inspector to work without distractions in order to provide the best possible service for you. During the last 30 minutes of the inspection, we will cover with the buyer the areas of concern. No need to come before then. Feel free to ask any questions you may have during this period. The inspector will point out problems and explain them to you. The inspector will also show you the good points of the house as well. Plus, we will explain what routine maintenance is needed to keep the house in top condition. This will help you to get the most benefit from the inspection and gain the most understanding of the systems that make up your home, and how to maintain them.
Within 24 to 48 hours after the inspection, you'll receive a electronic, comprehensive report that is easy to understand. Everything identified during the inspection will be included in the report with pictures.
Armed with the information our report will provide, you can make your decision with confidence.
Lastly, if experience, reliability, integrity and professionalism matters, call me today! We perform over 600 inspections a year. We are certified, licensed, insured and bonded for your and our protection!